Thursday, October 29, 2015

Staying Faithful Despite Divorce (Guest Post)

Today, we welcome Linda George, a Catholic home-schooling mom of seven, whose husband divorced her after 17 years of marriage. Linda has made the choice to stay faithful to her marriage vows despite the civil divorce and regardless of the possibility of reconciliation with her husband. Here, she explains why and how she lives as she does.


Sometimes life takes an unexpected turn in a direction that was totally unforeseen to those involved.  Such was the case for my children and me back in June of 2007.  It was a year of surprises, but not the type of surprises that are received with joy and contentment.  No this was more of a thunderbolt that leaves a permanent mark on you and your family forever.  It is the evil consequences and results surrounding the end of a marriage.

Of course, if I could have repaired and restored our lives to what they had been prior to this dark time, I would have done almost anything within my human ability.  After all the role of a mother is to protect her children from the dangers that exist within our world. From a Catholic perspective we are to teach our children how to be Godly, caring, and Christ-like members of society, living virtuous lives.  Our hope as Catholic parents is to raise the next generation of saints and to teach our children to live as Christ did. The family is the most basic fundamental part of society and a broken family has a different impact on society.

After our lives were catapulted into uncharted territory nothing was the same anymore.  No event in the lives of my children would be comparable to the way things used to be.  We would never be able to do things as we had done before.  How could they be the same if there was a parent missing from their daily life?  There was no longer a father in our home.  As a result there would be none of our typical family dinners, or holidays, or vacations with their dad by my side.  We would no longer attend Mass as a family.  The milestones in the lives of my children were now marked with a permanent change.

At one point there was absolute uncertainty in every area of our lives.  Suddenly there was no longer a predictable direction for our family, the plans my husband and I had laid out together for our family had been shifted. There were so many unknowns. Thankfully, however there was one aspect of my life that I did have control over and that was my marital covenant.  I had a “safety net” so to speak because of our Catholic teaching on the indissolubility of marriage.  Although courts were deciding our fate in so many areas of our lives this was something that I could decide.  It was attainable by simply making a decision to continue to live as a married person after my civil marriage ended.  It was what the church had defined for us under the sacrament of marriage and this teaching became my safety net.

I was and am so grateful to God for giving my children and me a safe refuge to begin to restore the brokenness within our lives.  Living in a married state after a civil divorce and allowing Jesus to work on fixing me from the inside was the beginning of a healing process.  I am deeply moved by what God has done for us as a family and how He has made much good come from so much suffering and pain. Thank you, Lord, for loving me as your spouse and for caring for my children as a parent does.


Sacramentally Yours


On Sunday May 17th, 2015, while I was praying at the end of the Divine Liturgy, the words “Sacramentally Yours” came to me.  It is my belief that these words were divinely inspired and were to be used in connection with a religious order within our Catholic Church -- a third order community founded for those in our faith who have kept their marital covenant after a civil divorce.

As Catholics, our teachings on marriage are so beautiful and lasting. Unfortunately, due to circumstances outside of our control many of us find ourselves in a situation we never imagined possible.  Families in the world are under attack and divorce is a destruction that is shaking the foundation and stability of families from the inside.  However, having hope in the midst of the darkness and ugliness of divorce for any that remain “sacramentally married” to Christ, the third person in the sacrament, we are given the graces and strength needed to endure the suffering and turmoil surrounding divorce.  By embracing the church teaching, we have been given a framework that supports our values and morals.  For those of us in these situations, creating an order where we can live a chaste and consecrated religious life would be a blessing in so many ways.  The mission of this order would be to pray for the families in crisis and to restore hope and love to the hearts of all of the families who are suffering through the painful results of divorce. The broken praying for the broken and giving each other hope.

Although the scars from divorce can last a lifetime, God in his mercy has restored my children and our family.  God became the father of our children and our family became whole again.  I believe that the blessing that Christ gave to our family was a result of continuing to live within my marriage vows.  I am deeply grateful that under the umbrella of our church I found a serenity and peace that was beyond my human understanding.  Through many hours of prayer, I began to understand and learn that Christ could fill the voids that existed in the spiritual dimension of a broken marriage.  As I mourned the death of my marriage, I began to feel in a very real way the glory of God.  It is my hope that by spreading a renewed awareness of an existing doctrine, we can share the healing and peace that our family found with many others.

My circumstances may not be much different from those of many who find themselves in a situation that was completely unexpected.  My husband and I were married for 17 years and had seven children together. We were a Catholic homeschooling family who was heavily involved in our church and community. As you can imagine, his desire to end the marriage and leave our family was not something for which I had prepared.  My children and I were faced with immeasurable uncertainty and grief.

Although it was painful for me as a spouse, my own suffering was outweighed by care for my children.  How could I make their lives better?  What could I do at this moment to decrease their suffering and, most of all, how could I continue to teach that marriage is for life? I wanted to bring peace into my home in the midst of my children's heartache. Thankfully, our Catholic doctrine on Sacramental marriage gave my children and myself a safe refuge and peace.  The kids began asking so many questions about marriage and divorce, since my older children had been taught about their sacraments.  They knew that marriage in the eyes of God and in our church was for life. I had no idea at the time how blessed and how many graces the kids and I would receive from this choice back then. Since then, I have been able to teach the children more about living out my marital commitment in the absence of a spouse. Christ is still in the center of the sacrament and can still bless us. We know as Catholics that the sacrament of marriage is so sacred that a civil court does not dissolve this union with Christ.  This union is still in existence for us to prayerfully embrace.

28 comments:

  1. God Bless you for your commitment to your marriage, Linda. I know where you are coming from and where you are now as we share a similar marital fate. My own marriage was ended by my beloved spouse on our 22nd anniversary, and also like you, have made the choice to continue in my vows, though I am now free to marry after her annulment was granted. Fortunately, divorce and annulment does not excise the Love of spouse nor especially the love for our 10 children.

    You are living the vows and being a good example to your children, which is what God intended. They will be stronger and as Faithful to their own vows when the time comes because of your example. Hopefully, they will keep asking the right questions and continue to learn what non-reciprocal Love truly means.

    God's Blessing to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda DiNardo GeorgeOctober 30, 2015 at 3:22 PM

      Thank you for your words of encouragement David. I know that there are others out there that share our path. I appreciate your comments and hope that by writing a bit about our lives others will know that they are not alone in these circumstances.
      Blessings to you and your family as well.

      Delete

    2. I want to give a big thanks to a great spell caster commonly known as DR TAKUTA for the great spiritual prayers he did in my life by bringing my ex-lover back to me after many months of breakup and loneliness. With this, I am convinced that you are sent to this word to rescue people from heartbreaks and also to help us get the solution to every relationship problem. for those of you out there who have one relationship problem or the other why not contact DR TAKUTA. that is the best place you can solve all your problems, including a lack of jobs and promotions, binding and marriage spells, divorce and attraction spells, anxiety and depression problems, good luck and lotto spells, fertility, and pregnancy spells, and also the business success and customer increase, winning court cases and many more. contact him at takutaspellalter@gmail.com or contact mobile contact +27788634102















































































      Delete
    3. Are you looking for a way to restore back your broken relationship? If yes help has come your way I got a testimony online about Dr Obodo how he helped someone to get back his ex-wife and I contacted him for help also, I am so happy that right now my husband is back to me with so much love and happiness with the help of Dr Obodo if you need help in getting your ex or to fix your relationship back, you can contact him he will help you just the same way he helped me bring back my husband after 1 year of separation contact him today and be happy in your relationship you can email him on help. templeofanswer@hotmail.co.uk Call or WhatsApp + 2348155425481

      Delete
  2. Thank you for being so open and sharing your story. I come from divorced parents and I love the idea of God becoming the father of the family. There can still be strength and protection there. Thank you for being so strong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda DiNardo GeorgeOctober 30, 2015 at 3:47 PM

      Thank you for reading my article Sterling. Interestingly, I actually was quite uncertain about how things would spiritually unfold in our lives. The passage of time and clinging to our faith brought about these results in our lives hence the opportunity for God to fill our voids. God Bless you.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for posting Linda George's inspiring journed. After 18 plus years divorced, yet faithful, I can now say I am grateful that the Church's official teachings on the indissolubility of marriage kept me that way. Check out a ministry I have been participating in; SeparatedFaithful.org
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your response Mark. I am hoping to be part of the next conference call with SeperatedFaithful.org. I had read about this group and am thankful that it is in existence. May God bless you for your 18 year commitment to staying faithful.

      Delete
  4. Linda,

    Thank you for this post and for your standing on Marriage and its Blessings. What a beautiful example you are to your children but to others, children and adults, too. I am going to post this on Divorced & Still Catholic and would love to have you comment and, better yet, join too.

    God Bless...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Divorced & Still Catholic - https://plus.google.com/communities/115892441307651777059

      Delete
    2. Strahlen, Thank you for your response and thank you for re posting my article. I would be happy to comment and join in on the Divorced and Still Catholic group. I appreciate your help in spreading the word about God's healing in these situations. May God bless you and your family.

      Delete
    3. Linda, I was happy to re-post your article. I hope to see you in Divorced & Still Catholic too. We need positive role models for hurting souls. We need people who have examples other than what the world gives. Thank you for being that.

      God Bless...

      Delete
  5. Hello everyone am here to share my testimony. I was suffering from BREAST CANCER for the past 3 years and my Dr told me that there is nothing he could do, after the 5 times chemotherapy and radiation and i was not responding to treatment and not even getting better and i had no money for Surgery because it was too expensive for me. I was frustrated and confused, seeking advice from people until a friend told me about Dr. Osebulu Herbal Medicine and herbal cannabis oil and its fast curing ability of any kind of cancer and told me that her mother's LUNGS CANCER was cured by the same Doctor Osebulu. I was desperate to to have the HERBS and i contacted Dr. Osebulu via email to get the miraculous oil. The Dr send me the Herbal Medicine and Cannabis oil through FedEx, to cut the long story short, i got Completely Cured after taking the Herbs for a week. To cut the long story short, as i am writing this testimony on this Blog am so strong and healthy no more cancer in my body again. I did my test and the Doctor confirmed it, i do not have BREAST CANCER anymore which he (The Medical Doctor) was Shock when he confirmed it. I really want to Appreciate Dr Osebulu who got me cured with the help of his herbal medicine and to God Be All The Glory. He also have a herbal cure for the Following DISEASES and INFECTIONS below, this is 100% Real.

    -GENITAL WARTS
    -GENITAL AND ORAL HERPES
    -HIV
    -DIABETES
    -PENIS ENLARGEMENT AND WEAK ERECTION
    -VIRGINA PROBLEM
    -WHOOPING COUGH
    -STROKE
    -PILE
    -LOW SPERM COUNT
    -ASTHMA
    -FIBROID
    -TOOTH PAIN
    -BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    -DIARRHEA and so on...


    EMAIL: drosebuluspellhome@hotmail.com

    Call/WhatsApp Dr. Osebulu Now: +2348083221034

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get your lover back urgent effective love spell to win and get ex back my advise reveal you all to contact Dr Ogudugu for a genuine love spell on greatogudugu@gmail.com that work fast. here is my relationship story, i'm MaryJane born in Williamsburg,Virginia Usa..my boyfriend told me it was over and walk away without any reasons, I was confuse and didn't know what to do. I was desperate, I want him back, I went over the internet looking for ways to get my boyfriend back. I read about many different ways of how to get ex back, but Dr Ogudugu caught my attention. I immediately contacted him and explained my problem to him. It was amazing and surprising that 11hrs after the urgent love spell was cast, my boyfriend called me and was begging me to forgive him and accept him back, Couldn't believe, but later after he came to my house and fell on his knees asking me to take him back am so happy that my love is back again. I am testifying on this forum just to let people know that Dr Ogudugu is real and genuine. don't hesitate to try him out. thank you Dr Ogudugu you are truly talented and gifted genuine spell caster. Contact him now if you need your girlfriend/boyfriend back or your girlfriend moved on to another man, do not cry anymore .. Dr Ogudugu is here to help out in relationship problem coz problem share is problem solve:
    Email him at.... greatogudugu@gmail.com
    whatsapp...+27663492930

    ReplyDelete





  7. It was like a dream come true,i never believed i and my spouse could be together again, After 3 years of divorce God still use a great man called lord episkey to heal my marriage again, i have been in hell all alone with the kids, so yesterday i was browsing on the internet when i saw a testimony of a lady how the same Godly man helped her bring back her husband so i copied the email and explained everything to him, he assured me everything will be fine i was thinking maybe he is talking about some other time to my surprise four days after i contacted the Priest, my husband came back home, i was shocked even till now, my friends words are not enough to describe what this man has done for me. i understand so many people reading this testimony are in a similar problem like this , my advice is for you to contact this man for your own miracle and i will be writing down his Email for those who needs his help. E-mail: adagbaspiritualtemple@gmail.com His web site address is https://adagbaspiritualtem0.wixsite.com/dr-adagba or call or whatsapp his number +2348037780443

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got my man back with the help of Kwale Temple. Without delay I was able to get my man back after 6 months of break up, I got him back after 48 hours with the help of Kwale Temple. You can contact Dr Kwale on kwaletemple@gmail.com or add him up on Whats App +2348056141089

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dr.Kwale spell brought my ex back to my arms within the period of 48hours and the joy in my heart right now makes me want to tell the whole world about the great love spell caster Dr.Kwale. here is his direct contact you can reach him on Whats App +2348056141089 and his email is kwaletemple@gmail.com get in contact with him and he will reunite your broken relationship just like mine, thanks....

    ReplyDelete
  10. My name is Karina, I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through all my life a weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how i could be transformed into a powerful when i came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow is good to be back with my ex again, thank you Dr Ekpen for the help, I just want to let you know that is reading this post in case you are having issues with your lover and is leading to divorce and you don’t want the divorce, Dr Ekpen is the answer to your problem. Or you are already divorce and you still want him/her contact Dr Ekpen the spell caster now on (ekpentemple@gmail.com) and you will be glad you did

    ReplyDelete
  12. All thanks to this great man called Dr Agbazara the great spell caster that bring back the joy in me by helping me to bring back my lover who break up with me Four months ago but now with me with the help of Dr Agbazara the great love spell caster. All thanks goes to him you can also contact him for help if you need him in times of troubles via: ( agbazara@gmail.com ) you can also WhatsApp: ( +2348104102662 )

    ReplyDelete
  13. All thanks to this great man called Dr Agbazara the great spell caster that bring back the joy in me by helping me to bring back my lover who break up with me Four months ago but now with me with the help of Dr Agbazara the great love spell caster. All thanks goes to him you can also contact him for help if you need him in times of troubles via: ( agbazara@gmail.com ) you can also WhatsApp: ( +2348104102662 )

    ReplyDelete
  14. My name is Alandre, and I base in USA...My life is back!!! After 2 years of Broken marriage, my husband left me with two kids.I felt like my life was about to end i almost committed suicide,i was emotionally down for a very long time.Thanks to a spell caster called Blessed Mark, Which i met online. On one faithful day,as I was browsing through the internet,I came across allot of testimonies about this particular spell caster. Some people testified that he brought their Ex lover back,some testified that he restores womb,cure cancer,and other sickness,some testified that he can cast a spell to stop divorce and so on.I also come across one particular testimony,it was about a woman called Diana,she testified about how he brought back her Ex lover in less than 2 days, and at the end of her testimony she dropped Blessed Mark e-mail address:Blessedlovetemple@gmail.com After reading all these,I decided to give it a try.I contacted him via email and explained my problem to him.In just 48hours, my husband came back to me. We solved our issues, and we are even happier than before Blessed Mark, is really a gifted man and i will not stop publishing him because he is a wonderful man...If you have a problem and you are looking for a real and genuine spell caster to solve all your problems for you. contact his email address: Blessedlovetemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ma ei saa tänada dr EKPEN TEMPLE'i piisavalt selle eest, et ta aitas mul taastada oma armastuses voodoo rõõmu ja meelerahu pärast paljusid küsimusi, mis peaaegu viisid lahutuseni, jumal tänatud, et pidasin dr EKPEN TEMPLE'i õigel ajal. Täna võin teile öelda, et dr EKPEN TEMPLE on lahendus sellele probleemile teie abielus ja suhetes. Võtke temaga ühendust aadressil (ekpentemple@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have found the joy of my life . Today Tuesday, 12th may 2020 bear witness.i am Brandy Lesley and I live in Spain. Few months ago my boyfriend broke up with me and said he was done with me not knowing he had an affair with one of my neighbors next door. I don’t know how to explain .. he never talks to them and he doesn’t even pay much attention to people around while he visits me though.i trusted my boyfriend and thought he could never cheat on me but when the whole thing started; like a dream..damn.. I was crazy. He began to date a lady next door as if we never knew each other I couldn’t just stand it ..I got upset and tried to fight her in so many occasions but my friend told me no..I got be patience and contact Dr Muthuka that he will help me get back my boyfriend so I had to listen to her and she gave me Dr Muthuka    contact After Dr muthuka  cast his spell my lover returned to me within few hours, Since his arrival he has been more caring and romantic than ever before I must say that Dr muthuka  did an excellent job in getting my lover back to me and as a result of this i am boldly recommending the services of Dr muthuka  to any one that is having difficulty in their relationship, marriage or that wants to get their ex back to contact muthukaspellhome@gmail.com  orwhatsapp +233206794908 or call +2349039175109  you can add him up on facebook    

    ReplyDelete
  17. i and my husband have been having a lot of problem living together, he will always not make me happy because he have fallen in love with another lady outside our relationship, i tried my best to make sure that my husband leave this woman but the more i talk to him the more he makes me feel sad, so my marriage is now leading to divorce because he no longer gives me attention. so with all this pain and agony, i decided to contact this spell caster to see if things can work out between me and my husband again. the spell caster told me what i will do to get my husband back, so he told me that he was going to make all things normal back. he did the spell on my husband and after 5 days my husband changed completely he even apologize with the way he treated me that he was not him self, i really thank this Priest Oshun he have bring back my husband back to me i want you all to contact him who are having any problem related to marriage issue and relationship problem he will solve it for you. his contact is oshunpriest@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. My name is Kristen Van Weyenberg. I never knew that there will be a time where my husband can no longer look into my eyes and tells me he loves me. I suffered heart break when my husband left home to be with another lady in her apartment without caring for me and our lovely daughter. I had to do 3 shifts every day to pay my bills and also take care of my daughter. Last month, I came across an article online saying how Lord Zakuza as been so helpful to a lots of people in the restoration to their broken love lives. I contacted him through this Email: Lordzakuza7@gmail.com and he told me that he will restore my marriage within 48 hours with his magical powers and I believed in his words that my husband will come back and “wow”, within 48 hours after I contacted Lord Zakuza, my husband came back begging saying he didn’t know what came over him that he’s sorry and promised never to abandon I and our daughter again I am so grateful to him for restoring my marriage. WhatsApp this number +1 (740) 573-9483 for more inquiries if you need his help..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Breakup is painful, sometimes we pretend to be fine but we are not, fighting to get the one we love back is also fighting to get back our joy and happiness. After my boyfriend of one year broke up with me, I could barely speak without crying. I felt blindsided and didn't know what to do. I didn't know if I could get him back and the anxiety was unbearable. I scoured the internet and after reading countless articles and websites about spells, I came across Lord Zakuza number + 1 (740) 573-9483. I wanted our relationship back and Lord Zakuza guaranteed me that my boyfriend will come back to me. So, I followed the instructions & plans that Lord Zakuza laid out for me and within 48 hours, we were back together and so in love! I know that it doesn't always happen that quickly, but Lord Zakuza said he's spells are effective and it did! I'm so grateful and I can boldly say that if you have been broken up with and you want to get that person back, Get in touch with him for Lord Zakuza is a GOD on Earth and he also specialises on spells to get pregnant for your partner, to get cured from any sickness or diseases, to win a lottery E.T.C. I'll never forget how he helped me. Email him now via: lordzakuza7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I highly recommend TD Ameritrade as the best forex/ Crypto trader, I make as much as $2,500 weekly with $200 in a week.You can contact him if you need help Via whatsapp: (+12166263236)email: tdameritrade077@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete